Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Doesn't Take Much to Brighten a Corner

Well, now we start to get to the really embarrassing posts. The ones where I show you how we actually live. Sigh*

We finally finished most of the basement a few years ago. The hub did an amazing job on the walls and built-in bookshelf under the stairs. The kids helped paint, put in a wood floor, baseboard and trim, and it was looking great.

And it hasn't changed much since. I am a lazy bum.

Here is a photo of a lonely corner down there. It is attached to a wall we leave intentionally bare so we can watch movies on it, but I had no excuse for leaving this one bare for so long.

So I gathered up some interesting things I had around: a game board a good friend made for me, a game board my hub made, and a couple of stick tic-tac-toe boards and their rocks. I placed them carefully and artfully along the oak shelf (well, I just leaned them up - centered) and then put in one nail to hold a print of a painting that my Grandma did of my Grandpa for their engagement.

Took about ten minutes.

Boy, it is hard to find the time to decorate a house these days . . .




The kids may be a little careful about what movies they choose to watch now too. With Grandpa looking at them like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment